Membership Eligibility & Benefits
ACMA is proud of the fact that our Members (Fellows) are considered to be the best of the best in the mortgage law industry, and they make a point of giving back to the industry. To maintain this high-level of excellence, fellowship in the Association is by nomination only.
To be considered for membership, a qualified lawyer must be nominated by an ACMA Fellow and must meet rigorous criteria. Nominees must:
- be licensed to practice in the highest court in their state/province
- be a distinguished practitioner in the law relating to real estate mortgage transactions
- have distinguished themselves through their bar association activities; lecturing; writing articles; drafting legislation or participating in the legislative process; or writing briefs of significant precedent to mortgage transactions.
- Referral Program — ACMA developed the Referral Program to encourage Fellows to refer business to other ACMA Fellows.
- Referral Directory — ACMA Fellows are listed in our online referral directory that is used by individuals and companies to "Find a Mortgage Attorney."
- The Abstract — Published twice a year, The Abstract keeps Fellows informed of the latest happenings in the industry — from articles on topics affecting their practice, to alerts on statutory, regulatory, and case law developments.
- Continuing Legal Education (CLEs) — Fellows can receive CLEs from attending ACMA conferences/meetings.
- Mortgage Law Summary — Every Fellow receives one free copy of the Mortgage Law Summary, updated every two years, which covers laws for each state or province when engaging in interstate mortgage transactions.
- State & Provincial Chairs — Fellows have access to all ACMA State & Provincial Chairs who are ready to answer questions regarding their state or province as it relates to the mortgage industry.
- Knowledge Bank — Fellows all have access to ACMA's "Knowledge Bank" — a resource portal of archived articles from The Abstract, conference presentations, useful industry information, and more.
- Roster — Fellows receive a free copy of the ACMA Roster every year which lists contact and specialty information for every ACMA Fellow.
- Networking — Membership in ACMA provides Fellows with outlets to share ideas and build relations with the industry's top mortgage attorneys.
- Educational Opportunities — ACMA provides outstanding educational programming that keeps Fellows on top of the latest developments impacting mortgage law.
- Discounts — Fellows receive steep discounts on the purchase of additional copies of the Mortgage Law Summary.
For more information on the nomination process, please contact us at email@example.com.